[PVE-User] Ceph Cache Tiering

Adam Thompson athompso at athompso.net
Wed Oct 12 14:22:12 CEST 2016

That makes sense - the ZIL acts as a writeback cache for you.  If the latency between QEMU and ZFS were higher (e.g. across NFS, maybe across a router, too) then you'd likely be able to measure a small difference.
If the latencies are all small enough, any single writeback cache an will likely provide adequate benefit.  If the latencies between layers are large, additional layers of writeback caching *can* help "goodput" but not always (depends on the workload).
-Adam