[PVE-User] Again ceph experimentation: now 'communication failure'...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Wed Sep 14 16:13:59 CEST 2016

As stated in a previous message, i'm doing some experiments with ceph.

I'm using two host, with hardware raid, using both for PVE and for ceph
(i know, it is nod a good choice, i restate: i'm doing only some
experiment...).
Both node have an OSD on a partition (/dev/sda5); one of the two nodes
have also a dedicated disk (/dev/sdb).

Ceph status is HEALTH_OK. I've created a pool 'VM' and copied the
keys, as stated in docs.

I've created also a volume 'LXC' on the VM pool, then after that if i
click on 'LXC' volume/storage, the 'Summary' page reort the size of the
storage/pool, but if click on 'Content', the spin turn and then, at the
end, reply with:

	communication failure (0)

If i try to create a VM i got:

	TASK ERROR: create failed - rbd error: got lock timeout - aborting command

What i'm missing?

    http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/25/index.php/component/k2/item/123