[PVE-User] Ceph and cold bootstrap...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Fri Sep 16 16:52:53 CEST 2016

Mandi! Adam Thompson
  In chel di` si favelave...

> We've observed that if any of the nodes boot much faster or slower than the
> other nodes, this causes big problems with both CEPH and PVE, particularly with
> quorum issues.

This is true... this is my ''second'' PVE experiment, the first are
using a SAN via iSCSI, and i've also ''fine tuned'' the shutdown times
in UPSes...

> Unless you have redundant power (I.e. generator) I'm not sure I would ever
> recommend a large PVE+CEPH cluster again.

I doubt that. Probably, as shutdown have to be tuned, startup have too,
as Eneko said.

I'm used to set ''random boot delay'' on my servers, to prevent spikes
on UPSes.
Probably i've only to force some predictable startup time...

Thanks to all!

    http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/25/index.php/component/k2/item/123