[PVE-User] Missing offline node Proxmox 4

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Sep 21 12:02:54 CEST 2016

On 09/21/2016 11:37 AM, Bart Lageweg | Bizway wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I want to delete an offline node from a Proxmox 4 cluster.
> Node is not listed in pvecm nodes since it is offline.
>
> How to delete?

You can delete the node just fine with:
pvecm delnode <name>

Use the name of the offline node to delete it.

If you cannot remember the offline nodes name see the output from:

cat /etc/pve/.members

There should be all configured node listed.

After deleting the node from the cluster ensure that the deleted node
does not comes up again in its old state - where it thinks it belongs
still to the cluster.
Easiest way to solve that is reinstalling it - or starting it up while
not connected to the network (where the other nodes are) and remove
corosync config.

cheers,
Thomas