[PVE-User] VLAN between LXC containers on differents proxmox 4

Alessandro Briosi ab1 at metalit.com
Wed Apr 5 12:34:59 CEST 2017

Il 05/04/2017 12:07, Guillaume ha scritto:
> Le 05/04/2017 à 11:49, Alessandro Briosi a écrit :

>>> Of course, if i follow your advice and do it on proxmox side, there is
>>> no need to do it on the container side.
>>
>> I think it's simply a matter of setting the VLAN tag in the eth
>> configuration on the Proxmox GUI.
> With Proxmox GUI, you can only assign vlan tag on lxc interfaces, not
> on proxmox network.
> And doing it only on lxc side (assigned to a proxmox bridge vlan
> aware) doesn't work.
>
> I am not using bonding so I can't use Michael's working example out of
> the box.

It you need proxmox to use that VLAN on the bridge and then assign that
bridge to the LXC containers, then you'd need to create a bridge which
uses a VLAN configured ethX.Y/bondX.Y for the VLAN (like you did). Dunno
if "bridge_vlan_aware yes" is correct in this case.

If you simply need the LXC to be part of the VLAN then Assign the Tag.

So basically here you have 2 possible solutions:

1. make the bridge vlan aware (bridge_vlan_aware yes) and simply tag the
LXC ethernets associated with the bridge (vmbr210 with bridge_ports eth1)

2. make the bridge inside a vlan (bridge_ports eth1.10) and simply
assign that bridge to the LXC containers.

1 works for me (no on OVH though) and Michael says 2 is also working so
there must be something in your configuration or OVH vrack which
prevents it from working.

Alessandro