[PVE-User] cluster numbers

Dietmar Maurer dietmar at proxmox.com
Tue Apr 11 18:39:19 CEST 2017

> Should the cluster always be composed by an odd number of hosts?

That is not really necessary, because we use quorum (majority decides).
Cluster switch to read only mode I no partition has quorum, so
there is no danger.

> I'm not using HA so if I move some VM from one host to the other I'm
> aware of what the current situation is.
>
> In case of a split brain am I able to say which cluster part has quorum?

You should fix the cluster and bring other nodes up again.
But you can also force quorum on one partition by setting expected
votes ("pvecm expected ..." - see "man pvecm").