[PVE-User] cluster numbers

Alessandro Briosi ab1 at metalit.com
Wed Apr 12 11:30:26 CEST 2017

Il 11/04/2017 21:51, Jeff Palmer ha scritto:
> By default, in a 4 node cluster, 3 members would need to agree for quorum,
> not 2.  In your example, if 2 hosts split from the other 2 hosts, neither
> side will have quorum.  No split brain in that scenario.
>
> Think of quorum as a 'majority wins' vote. If the vote is a tie, there is
> no winner.

Thank you, that's what I thought. Le me rephrase/change the question.

I'd like the cluster to make the 4th host not partecipate to the quorum.
So make the cluter have quorum with 2 votes, but only the 3 main servers
can vote, the 4th should not vote. So only if the 4th host is seeing
other 2 servers with the quorum should still "work".

What I'd like to acomplish is that the 4th host can partecipate to the
cluster so it shares configuration and I can migrate VM to it. Though if
it goes down for some reasons (maybe some testing or so) it should not
affect the other 3 hosts and let me "loose" another host.

Though if 2 hosts of the "original" cluster go down, then the whole
cluster should go down (I need to fix things up anyway 'cause of the
storage).

Thank you.
Alessandro