[PVE-User] Which service is used to mount datacenter NFS Share ?

Fabian Grünbichler f.gruenbichler at proxmox.com
Wed Jan 4 13:54:46 CET 2017

On Wed, Jan 04, 2017 at 01:46:07PM +0100, Florent B wrote:
> On 01/04/2017 01:42 PM, Fábio Rabelo wrote:
> > Hellows ...
> >
> > Look at storage view, then add .
> >
> > One of the options are nfs, you need to supply ip of the share, or, if
> > it hass a dns name, you can use it .
> >

> > Fábio Rabelo

> >> Hi everyone,
> >>
> >> I couldn't find the answer, I have a NFS share configured in datacenter
> >> storage.
> >>
> >> Which service (or systemd unit) is used to mount (and unmount) these
> >> shares ?
> >>
> >> Thank you.
> >>
> >> Florent

> Hi Fábio,
>
> Excuse me if my message was not clear enough, but that was not my question.
>
> I already configured a NFS share.
>
> I just want to know, when nodes boot, which service (system service) is
> mounting those shares ?

IIRC, this happens whenever activate_storage is first called for this
storage (e.g. by pvestatd or by pve-manager when starting VMs/CTs on
boot):

https://git.proxmox.com/?p=pve-storage.git;a=blob;f=PVE/Storage/NFSPlugin.pm;h=2f75eeec0721be3703dbc873568b04c451ad46f7;hb=HEAD#l118

mounting an NFS share also generates a systemd .mount unit on the fly,
but that does not mean that the mount is triggered by systemd ;)

the real question is - what do you want to do?