[PVE-User] unattended PVE server installation

Vadim Bulst vadim.bulst at bbz.uni-leipzig.de
Mon Jan 9 12:03:02 CET 2017

Sorry my fault. It was the Debian Jessie howto and not Wheezy. Attached
are some logs. Let me know if you need some more.

As you may see in syslog i'm calling a finish.sh script which should
install the PVE and afterwards the Puppet-agent. The Puppet-agent gets
installed.

"

# Install packages for Proxmox PVE
/usr/bin/apt-get -y -f remove os-prober
sleep 2
/usr/bin/apt-get update
/usr/bin/apt-get -f -y install
/usr/bin/apt-get dist-upgrade
/usr/bin/apt-get -y --force-yes proxmox-ve ssh ksm-control-daemon
open-iscsi systemd-sysv

/usr/sbin/update-grub

apt-get update
apt-get install -y puppet

cat > /etc/puppet/puppet.conf << EOF

[main]
vardir = /var/lib/puppet
logdir = /var/log/puppet
rundir = /var/run/puppet
ssldir = \$vardir/ssl

[agent]
pluginsync      = true
report          = true
ignoreschedules = true
ca_server       = urzlxdeploy.rz.uni-leipzig.de
certname        = scvirt01.sc.uni-leipzig.de
environment     = production
server          = urzlxdeploy.rz.uni-leipzig.de

EOF

if [ -f "/etc/default/puppet" ]
then
/bin/sed -i 's/^START=no/START=yes/' /etc/default/puppet
fi
/usr/bin/puppet agent --enable

# export a custom fact called 'is_installer' to allow detection of the
installer environment in Puppet modules
export FACTER_is_installer=true
# passing a non-existent tag like "no_such_tag" to the puppet agent only
initializes the node
/usr/bin/puppet agent --config /etc/puppet/puppet.conf --onetime --tags
no_such_tag --server urzlxdeploy.rz.uni-leipzig.de --no-daemonize

"

Cheers,

Vadim