[PVE-User] Exporting from Proxmox to Hyper-v

Emmanuel Kasper e.kasper at proxmox.com
Mon Jan 23 10:21:30 CET 2017

On 01/22/2017 03:19 PM, Leonardo Dourado wrote:
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I'm a new member on that community so on Proxmox user...
>
> Does anyone know any trick to import/export images from Proxmox to Hyper-v? Occurs that I have many images on my Hyper-v Server (also .wim) and I'd like to have them on my Proxmox Server...
>
> Much appreciated,
> Leonardo Dourado.

Hi Leonardo

>From Hyper V to Proxmox, the basic workflow would be:

 * copy your vhd disk image to a file based storage accessible on your
PVE host
 * covert the vhd to raw or qcow2 with

qemu-img convert -f vpc -O qcow2 /kvm/images/disk/disk.vhd
/kvm/images/disk/disk.cow2

 * create a VM, add this disk to the VM and boot
 * this should work for Linux/Unix VMs, for Windows you might need the
regide trick as explained in
http://pve.proxmox.com/wiki/Migration_of_servers_to_Proxmox_VE#Enable_IDE

Emmanuel