[PVE-User] software RAID in 4.2

Miguel González miguel_3_gonzalez at yahoo.es
Mon Jan 23 19:39:12 CET 2017

Sorry I meant reads, pveperf:

root at myserver:~# pveperf /vz/
CPU BOGOMIPS:      42669.12
REGEX/SECOND:      935261
HD SIZE:           1809.50 GB (/dev/mapper/pve-data)
BUFFERED READS:    94.56 MB/sec
AVERAGE SEEK TIME: 17.88 ms
FSYNCS/SECOND:     10.15
DNS EXT:           16.93 ms
DNS INT:           23.36 ms (ibertrix-node2)

from specs from the manufacturer average seek time is around 8 ms

writes are like this:

root at myserver:~# dd if=/dev/zero of=/mytempfile
^C15210305+0 records in
15210305+0 records out
7787676160 bytes (7.8 GB) copied, 52.1116 s, 149 MB/s

performance from a VM (I have 5 VMs running in this 32 Gb RAM server)
running Centos 6.8:

root at vm [~]# dd if=/dev/zero of=/mytempfile
^C9360176+0 records in
9360176+0 records out
4792410112 bytes (4.8 GB) copied, 112.571 s, 42.6 MB/s

The settings for virtual HD are: qcow2 and writeback cache