[PVE-User] Ansible role for Proxmox (4.x clusters)

Musee Ullah musee.ullah at FireEye.com
Wed Jan 25 19:05:55 CET 2017

Hi guys,

I wrote an Ansible role last year for deploying PVE on multiple hosts
and preparing them to join a PVE cluster. It's available on Galaxy: htt
ps://galaxy.ansible.com/lae/proxmox/. The main features currently are
IPMI watchdog configuration and SSH key generation/configuration (with
the assumption that root logins are disabled by default, as they should
be).

It doesn't perform the cluster creation step (yet) - but all that's
needed after applying the role are running `pvecm create $clustername`
on $firsthost and `pvecm add $firsthost` on the remaining hosts.

So far I've used it to deploy 4.3 and 4.4 clusters without issue, and
I've also used it to upgrade a 4.3 cluster to 4.4 (without automatic
reboot).

I'm open to contributions and/or suggestions, so feel free!

lae / Musee