[PVE-User] btrfs in a guest

Yannis Milios yannis.milios at gmail.com
Mon Jul 17 13:57:55 CEST 2017

> >> Personally I'd go with zfs over btrf.
>
>> Interesting. I see that also with zfs, you can expose previous versions
via samba.

>> You prefer zfs, because..? (The "more mature" argument, or other reasons
as well..? perhaps specific to running on Qemu VM on ceph >> storage?)

I would go for ZFS for that scenario but definitely I wouldn't try to use
it on a VM. I would prefer a physical server running a linux distro and ZoL
for ZFS or maybe FreeNAS + SAMBA to expose the shares on clients. You could
also use a second server as a ZFS sync target for failover purposes..

Yannis