[PVE-User] DHCP when container and DHCP Server on same node

Lindsay Mathieson lindsay.mathieson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 03:58:11 CEST 2017

I ran into a problem a while back where any debian containers running on
one node never got a dhcp answer. IO had to set them to static.

Finally figured out whats causing it - my dhcp server (Windows AD) is
running on the same node and network bridge. If I migrate the AD Server to
another node they can then aquire a dhcp license. But then the containers
on the other node have the same problem :(

So I can work around it, a PITA though. Is there some quirk of bridged
networking I can tweak to resolve this?

--
Lindsay