[PVE-User] [pve-devel] Proxmox VE 5.0 beta2 released!

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Fri Jun 16 16:26:53 CEST 2017

>>So we've seen a few examples in this thread of how to use it with qm set, which
>>is great, but would we do it through API ? Is there some kind of documentation
>>for this, or should I just use pvesh on 5.0 to try and find the new API endpoints ?
>>'cause I have to admit, having cloud-init usable from the API will save us a LOT
>>of time :). It's great !

yes, sure. This is the same enpoint than other config change.

set /nodes/{node}/qemu/{vmid}/config

Note that cloudinit is not yet merge in pvetest.
So, please try it on maximum of distro.
I'll try to push it before proxmox 5.0 release.

BTW, I'm looking to integrate that in foreman && terraform soon, as we need to deploy vm with ip
from other tools.

(Looking to add support for rancher, to deploy kubernetes cluster on top of proxmox vms dynamicaly deployed)

> Do you mean the config change for ip,nameserver,...
> yes, you can change config with post api, or qm set ... , like others options.

Hi,