[PVE-User] limit error

roots at zaclys.com roots at zaclys.com
Sun Jun 25 01:07:17 CEST 2017

Hello

We are a registered user proxmox ve 4.4.13

We have a lot of problems on a large server (50 lxc containers), maybe
because some config "limit"?

In containers lxc, sometimes :

- some sendmail or httpd processes can not write .pid to /var/run

- some crontab jobs cancel on "bash resource not available"

- problem on vzdump snapshot (snapshot freeze)

- problem on snapshot rollback : works fine during some days, and
sometimes container lxc HS after the same snapshot rollback !

In the past we had increased fs.inotify.max_user_instances , to 4000 (
this max fixed the problem at this moment ! )  , to 10000 , now to 60000
( but this max not fixes the problem  , now)

ideas please ?

thanks
best regard