[PVE-User] change /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches

Falco Kleinschmidt fk at datenfalke.de
Tue Nov 14 20:30:39 CET 2017

Hi all!

I am running a 3 node 5.0 cluster. I want to raise the limit of
"/proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches" globally on the cluster.

Using the following on a node solves the problem (inotify resources
exhausted) locally (for CTs running on the node):

echo 81920 > /proc/sys/fs/inotify/max_user_watches

Should I use rc.local on all nodes to make it persistent cluster wide?
Is there a different recommended way for system configurations like this?

Thank you!
Falco