[PVE-User] Ghost Ceph node after upgrade to luminous/PVE 5.1

Alwin Antreich a.antreich at proxmox.com
Wed Nov 15 15:27:17 CET 2017

Hi Eneko,
On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 09:49:17AM +0100, Eneko Lacunza wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We have just upgraded our cluster from PVE 4.4/jewel to PVE 5.1/luminous .
>
> Overall experience was quite good; we found some problems with live
> migration because although all VMs had a "default" display, most where using
> std and only a few cirrus . We had to look at KVM process parameters to
> check and change vga setting accordingly for live migration to work.
>
> Nonetheless thanks a lot for all your work!
>
> We're now having a bit of fun :) because an old retired cluster member is
> showing back at Ceph/OSD nodelist (without OSDs...).
>
> This node doesn't exist anymore, and doesn't show in pvecm nodelist (it was
> removed from config).
>
> It's directory was present in /etc/pve/nodes for our surprise; we have
> deleted it too but ghost continues to show.
>
> The only place I can see a reference to this retired node is in crushmap:
> # buckets host camelot {
>      id -2 # do not change unnecessarily
>      id -7 class hdd # do not change unnecessarily
>     # weight 0.000
>     alg straw
>     hash 0 # rjenkins1
> }
ceph osd crush remove <name>
ceph auth del <name>

> Should we modify the crushmap manually to remove it?
You can also do that, but auth keys might then still exist.

> Was there something we must have done before "pvecm delnode camelot", so
> that node was removed from crushmap too?
The 'pvecm delnode' deletes the node from the PVE cluster not Ceph. With
'pveceph' you can destroy any ceph service on the machine. If there are
still any leftovers, then you go with the above commands.

> Thanks a lot
> Eneko
>
> --
> Zuzendari Teknikoa / Director Técnico
> Binovo IT Human Project, S.L.
> Telf. 943569206
> Astigarraga bidea 2, 2º izq. oficina 11; 20180 Oiartzun (Gipuzkoa)
> www.binovo.es

Cheers,
Alwin