[PVE-User] HTTPS for download.proxmox.com

Frank Thommen frank.thommen at uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Nov 30 15:45:19 CET 2017

On 11/30/2017 03:11 PM, lemonnierk at ulrar.net wrote:
> This is dumb. I agree that it wouldn't cost them anything to setup
> HTTPS, but I also agree that it is useless. The packages are signed and
> apt already checks the signature, HTTPS wouldn'd add anything at all.

Not true: It gives you the certainty to be connected to the "real"
proxmox page and not a fake page, e.g. by being redirected through a
hacked nameserver or local resolver.

And afaik, those using the community version don't have access to the
enterprise repos.

frank

> Unless you want to hide the fact that you are installing proxmox itself,
> but the connection to proxmox's repo itself gives that away.

>>> Again, please use the enterprise repository if you want https.
>>>

>> <shakes head in disbelief>

Frank Thommen          | HD-HuB / DKFZ Heidelberg