[PVE-User] problem with cluster configuration, please help

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Wed Oct 18 12:50:39 CEST 2017

On 10/18/2017 12:13 PM, Жюль Верн wrote:
> I read documentation and know how to create a cluster. Problem now is that
> no quorum between node1 and node2 of my cluster. Search problem in log, but
> nothing find. Try pvecm expected 1 command to add node3 to cluster but it
> not help.

I assume that the following is the log of your node addition try:

> Starting cluster:
>    Checking if cluster has been disabled at boot... [  OK  ]
>    Checking Network Manager... [  OK  ]
>    Global setup... [  OK  ]
>    Mounting configfs... [  OK  ]
>    Starting cman... [  OK  ]
>    Waiting for quorum... [  OK  ]
>    Starting fenced... [  OK  ]
>    Starting dlm_controld... [  OK  ]
>    Tuning DLM kernel config... [  OK  ]
>    Unfencing self... [  OK  ]
> waiting for quorum...

Is this a PVE 3.4 cluster? If you setup a new cluster please
start with PVE 5, as PVE 3.4 is now quite outdated and EOL.
And remember PVE 3.4 can not be mixed with PVE 4.X or 5.X, that won't work.

did those checks pass:
https://pve.proxmox.com/pve-docs/chapter-pvecm.html#cluster-network-requirements