[PVE-User] Proxmox 4.4, Ceph Hammer and Ceph Luminous

Mark Schouten mark at tuxis.nl
Fri Oct 20 14:27:01 CEST 2017

Hi,

>>Has anybody installed a Luminous client on Proxmox 4.4 ?

yes, it's working.

But I have tested luminous client with jewel and luminous cluster only.

don't known if it's still compatible with hammer

I've learned from a Ceph expert that Ceph 'garantuees' one LTS version in between. So Hammer SHOULD be able to talk to Jewel, but does not have to work with Luminous per se.

I also learned that Qemu/KVM uses the librados-version that you have installed.

So I'm going to upgrade my Proxmox-nodes to Ceph Jewel clients. And upgrade my hammer cluster afterwards..

Met vriendelijke groeten,

--
Kerio Operator in de Cloud? https://www.kerioindecloud.nl/
Mark Schouten | Tuxis Internet Engineering
T: 0318 200208 | info at tuxis.nl