[PVE-User] ZFS: Limited usages ?

Petric Frank pfrank at gmx.de
Sat Apr 28 17:52:52 CEST 2018

Hello,

Am Samstag, 28. April 2018, 07:14:25 CEST schrieb Christian Kivalo:

> >Container

> >> you can create a dataset ("zfs create ...") and then configure it as
> >> directory storage with appropriate content types if you want to
> >
> >backup
> >
> >> to a ZFS dataset.
> >
> >The mounted ZFS volumes are datasets. Created by zfs create
> ><Pool>/<Dataset>.
> >The current type is filesystem.
> >
> >I'm not an expert in ZFS - how to set a content type on a dataset ?
>
> In proxmox go to Datacenter -> Storage, select your storage and click on
> Edit and there you can select to content types for this storage.

Here i am presented with a list which contains "Disk Images" and "Container"
only !
No other selections were possible because they are not listed. "ISO image",
"Container Template" and "VZDump backup file" are NOT in the drop down list.

Does this limitation have a the reason - either intentional or a bug ?

regards