[PVE-User] How to use lvm on zfs ?

Denis Morejon denis.morejon at etecsa.cu
Tue Aug 7 16:49:43 CEST 2018

El 07/08/18 a las 08:49, Mark Schouten escribió:
> On Tue, 2018-08-07 at 09:42 -0400, Denis Morejon wrote:
>> So local-lvm is not active by default. Then, when you add this node
>> others with local-lvm storage active, And you try to migrate VMs
>> between
>>
>> them, there are problems...
> I don't think the actual technique used is relevant for migrating local
> storage, but just the name of the storage.. You can create images on
> ZFS, you don't need LVM to be able to create VM's with storage.

I don't have a cluster wide ZFS storage. If I did, I would define a ZFS
storage better, So that the cluster uses it, and that's all.
I have a mixture of 4 professional servers with hardware Raid
controllers, and 4 not professional servers (PCs) with 4 hdds each one.
I want to create just one proxmox cluster with all these 8 servers.
In the 4 PCs, I had to install proxmox using the zfs Raidz1 advanced
option, So that Proxmox to be installed  on a zfs Raid5.
Up to this stage,  I have redundancy, in such a way that I can remove
any sata hdd and the proxmox can startup ok. And that's what I need ZFS.

So, on 4 nodes of the cluster I am able to use local-lvm to put CTs and
VMs over there, but I am not able to put VMs and CTs on local-lvm in the
others.
That's why I want to create pve VGs on the zfs nodes.