[PVE-User] Cluster doesn't recover automatically after blackout

Tue Aug 7 15:54:02 CEST 2018

Just some rant: I do think that the presented solutions are the wrong
approach to this problem. A HA cluster should recover automatically from
such simple failures (power loss, network outage) to achieve HA. If
there is manual intervention necessary - then the whole thing should not
be called "HA" cluster.

I know corosync is picky and for example does not start when a
configured network interface is not available yet. Hence, corosync
should be automatically restarted if it fails.

Intrudocing a "sleep" until the network is available is also a dirty
workaround - the problem is the cluster software - the software should
try to form a cluster endlessly (why should a "HA" software give up?).
Would a mars rover give up and shutdown when it could not ping the earth
for some days? Probably no, it would try endlessly.

regards
Klaus