[PVE-User] removing vm snapshot (on ceph) fails

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Aug 21 12:18:20 CEST 2018

Hi,

We were trying to remove some old snapshots from our proxmox install,
and we're getting the following task error:

> TASK ERROR: VM 103 qmp command 'delete-drive-snapshot' failed - Device 'drive-virtio0' not found

This is also true: the disk is not configured as virtio0, but as scsi0.
Probably when the snapshot was created, the disk was virtio0.

But I would like to remove this old snapshot anyway. :-)

Ceph image deletion itself appears to have been successful: "Removing
image: 100% complete...done." but the snapshot still appears in the
proxmox gui, and now my VM is locked (snapshot-delete)

Suggestions how to proceed?

MJ