[PVE-User] Confusing about Bond 802.3ad

Josh Knight josh at noobbox.com
Fri Aug 24 23:15:15 CEST 2018

Just guessing here, if the switch doesn't support rr on its port channels,
then using separate VLANs instead of bundles on the switch is essentially
wiring nodeA to nodeB. That way you don't hit the port channel hashing on
the switch and you keep the rr as-is from A to B.

I would also try using UDP mode on iperf to see if it's TCP retransmission
that's preventing you from getting closer to 4Gbps. Another useful tool is
maisezahn for traffic generation, though it is more complex to run.