[PVE-User] Confusing about Bond 802.3ad

Mark Adams mark at openvs.co.uk
Fri Aug 24 23:58:36 CEST 2018

That is it, as I understand it Josh. you basically need to turn your switch
in to X seperate switches so each nodes nic, is running on a "seperate"
network.

if you were to do the same thing physically without any config, with 3
nodes, you would need to have as many seperate switches as you wanted nics
in the balance-rr.

I understand mikrotik support balance-rr, but tbh I don't even count them
as a normal switch manufacturer. Their game is routers.... I don't know any
other switches which have support for balance-rr?

as for the 3Gbps limit I mentioned earlier with balance-rr (no matter how
many nics you have)... I don't know if that was just an issue of the day as
cheap 10Gbps came along and the need evaporated for me. I would love to
know if anyone has a test setup to try it though.

Cheers