[PVE-User] windows 2008 enterprise with uefi

lists lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Aug 28 10:06:53 CEST 2018

Hi,

I am trying to move a physical windows 2008 enterprise uefi installation
(Version 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2 Build 6002) into proxmox, and I'm
getting nowhere.

Tried all kinds of approaches, and this was my latest attempt:

Creating a full system backup using windows backup, and then boot the
windows install iso in proxmox, to perform a system restore from this
backup into proxmox.

But as soon as I enable uefi in my proxmox VM config, the windows iso no
longer boots. However, the physical server IS this same OS in uefi mode,
the combination should work, I guess.

Anyone with a tip or a tric..?

This is proxmox 4.4-20, so it's a bit older. I could try it on a fresh
new proxmox 5.2 install, but first I wanted to ask here.

Anyone?

MJ