[PVE-User] PRoxmox and ceph with just 3 server.

Ronny Aasen ronny+pve-user at aasen.cx
Fri Aug 31 10:58:23 CEST 2018

when adding a older machine to your cluster, keep in mind that the
slowest node with determine the overall speed of the ceph cluster (since
a vm's disk will be spread all over)

for RBD vm's you want low latency, so use things like
nvram > ssd > hdd  with osd latency significant difference here.

100Gb/25Gb > 40Gb/10Gb (1Gb is useless in this case imho)

as long as you have enough cores, higher ghz is better then lower ghz.
due to lower latency

kind regards.
Ronny Aasen