[PVE-User] lxc hang situation

Wolfgang Bumiller w.bumiller at proxmox.com
Mon Dec 3 13:38:36 CET 2018

> On November 30, 2018 at 4:51 PM Stephan Leemburg <sleemburg at it-functions.nl> wrote:
> (...)
> After some more searching, we found with
>
>  grep copy_net_ns /proc/[0-9]*/stack
>
> that there where 2 more processes also blocked on copy_net_ns. These where
> two ionclean processes in other containers. Killing them (with -9) showed
> that restarted ionclean processes immediatly blocked again on copy_net_ns.

Next time, can you post the full /proc/$pid/stack of all tasks hanging in that
function? I was never able to reproduce this, and never got the info I needed.

> (...)
> it says that this problem should be solved in kernel 4.17.

The locking was completely refactored and should work better now.
But race conditions are hard to test properly.

> (...)
> As the kernel is ubuntu based would it be possible to start using the ubuntu
> 18.10 kernel which is 4.18 to get around this problem?

If you otherwise keep running into this issue that's definitely worth a try...