[PVE-User] (Very) basic question regarding PVE Ceph integration

Frank Thommen f.thommen at dkfz-heidelberg.de
Sun Dec 16 14:28:19 CET 2018

Hi,

I understand that with the new PVE release PVE hosts (hypervisors) can
be used as Ceph servers.  But it's not clear to me if (or when) that
makes sense.  Do I really want to have Ceph MDS/OSD on the same hardware
as my hypervisors?  Doesn't that a) accumulate multiple POFs on the same
hardware and b) occupy computing resources (CPU, RAM), that I'd rather
use for my VMs and containers?  Wouldn't I rather want to have a
separate Ceph cluster?

Or didn't I get the point of the Ceph integration?

Cheers
Frank