[PVE-User] can´t login in PVE with Linux realm in 5.3

Miguel González miguel_3_gonzalez at yahoo.es
Sat Dec 22 20:41:57 CET 2018

Just in case someone else has this issue too.

Apparently recreating the authkey.key as mentioned here and recreate the
certs worked out:

https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/connecting-error-401-unrecognized-key-format.32162/#post-159151

mv /etc/pve/priv/authkey.key /etc/pve/priv/authkey.key.tmp

pvecm updatecerts --force

systemctl restart pveproxy pvedaemon

Regards,

Miguel

On 12/22/18 12:25 PM, Miguel González wrote:
> Dear all,
>
>    I have been playing with this new Proxmox 5.3 server for more than a
> week before I migrate all VMs from a 5.1 server and I have been able to
> log in the GUI at 8006 port with no issue. Suddenly this morning after
> being able to log in with no issue I keep on getting Connection error
> 401: permission denied - invalid PVE ticket.
>
>   If I check the logs I see the auth works:
>
> Dec 22 11:53:52 node1 pvedaemon[10764]: <root at pam> successful auth for
> user 'root at pam'
>
>  I made sure that system time is right too. I am not using ntp (as I am
> not doing with the legacy server)
>
>  google search is not helping either.
>
>  I have tried to recreate the certs with pvecm updatecerts -f
>
>  Any suggestions?

---
https://www.avg.com