[PVE-User] Linux crashes while running backups

Mark Schouten mark at tuxis.nl
Tue Feb 13 10:21:03 CET 2018

Hi,

I have written PMRB (ProxMox Rolling Backups), which automatically runs vmdump on VM's
that have a backupimage older than 1 week.

However, we are experiencing hard crashes in the VM while running the backup. We have
noticed before that the VM slows down if the target storage is slow but complete crashes
are new. The cluster in this case was just upgraded to PVE 5.x

Does anybody have tips or tricks on how to improve stability during backups? Please let me
know.

--
Kerio Operator in de Cloud? https://www.kerioindecloud.nl/
Mark Schouten  | Tuxis Internet Engineering
T: 0318 200208 | info at tuxis.nl