[PVE-User] Failed to start Journal Service.

Elias pve at whitenite.de
Thu Feb 15 15:56:57 CET 2018

Hello,

this problem is appearing again. I have some logs this time with a
kernel crash (not yet sure if this is linked to the IO-load problem).

My "local"-disk is a lvm-based raid1 and the "data"-lvm with vm-images
and lxc-dirs is a lvm-raid1, too. My filesystems are ext3 (local) and
xfs (data).

Please find a bunch of different log files [0] that I collected shortly
after the problem occured again. Unfortunately, the dmesg output was
already full of Journald-messages when I looked at it.
I suspect one of my LXC containers of triggering this problem but have
no evidence so far, this is only speculation.

The IO-Load is constantly around ~25% and the load is rising linear. SSH
and HTTPS are hung. The only possibility to regain access is to reboot
the server.

[0] https://pastebin.com/5GzhfCyJ

--
PGP: 5282 38E2 944B E787 8677 90D0 EB70 440A 3B1C 6C10