[PVE-User] Orphaned entries in Ceph crush map

Karsten Becker karsten.becker at ecologic.eu
Fri Feb 16 21:55:27 CET 2018

Hi.

during the reorgainzation of my Cephb cluster I removed some OSDs.
Obviously something went wrong for 2 of them, osd.19 and osd.20.

If I get my current Crush map, decompile and edit them, I see 2
orphaned/stale entries for the former OSDs:

> device 16 osd.16 class hdd
> device 17 osd.17 class hdd
> device 18 osd.18 class hdd
> device 19 device19
> device 20 device20
> device 21 osd.21 class hdd
> device 22 osd.22 class hdd
> device 23 osd.23 class hdd
If I delete them from the Crush map (file), recompile it and set it
productive - they appear again... if I get the current map again and
decompile them, they are in again.

So how to get rid of these entries?

Best from Berlin/Germany
Karsten

Ecologic Institut gemeinnuetzige GmbH
Pfalzburger Str. 43/44, D-10717 Berlin
Geschaeftsfuehrerin / Director: Dr. Camilla Bausch
Sitz der Gesellschaft / Registered Office: Berlin (Germany)
Registergericht / Court of Registration: Amtsgericht Berlin (Charlottenburg), HRB 57947