[PVE-User] Ceph over IP over Infiniband

Vadim Bulst vadim.bulst at bbz.uni-leipzig.de
Tue Jan 2 14:43:41 CET 2018

Hi Phil,

I also use an Infiniband network for a Ceph cluster. IPoverIB should
work. My loaded modules:

mlx4_ib
rdma_ucm
ib_umad
ib_uverbs
ib_ipoib
ib_srp
ib_sdp

Your /etc/network/interfaces should be similar to that:

auto ib0
iface ib0 inet static
                  address 10.10.144.212
                  netmask 255.255.255.0
                  mtu 65520
                  pre-up echo connected > /sys/class/net/ib0/mode

This configuration works with Mellanox cards and switches.

Cheers,

Vadim