[PVE-User] Possible to recover ceph pools nuked by pveceph purge

Ian Coetzee proxmox at iancoetzee.za.net
Thu Jan 4 08:17:39 CET 2018

Hi Guys,

Me again. So in my infinite wisdom I nuked our ceph.conf file in our
cluster this morning, the reasoning behind the nuking is beyond the scope
of this question.

Is there anyway to recover the nuked pools or the old ceph.conf?

The vm's are all still running, so on the linux VM's I am creating a new
disk in another storage, then I dd the old disk to the new disk. Takes a
bit of time, but should work.

Will the pools return if I create them again with the exact same setup, my
logic tells me no, but on the off chance...

Kind regards