[PVE-User] proxmox 5.1-36 node hanging with 100% CPU

Miguel González miguel_3_gonzalez at yahoo.es
Tue Jan 16 13:54:30 CET 2018

Hi,

  I migrated two proxmox virtual machines from Proxmox 4.4 to 5.1. I
took advantage and I migrated to ZFS. The old server had SATA disks
while the new one has SSD disks.

  I have only two VPS running in this server. Both running Centos 6.9,
one plesk and the other one Cpanel.

  The Plesk machine has been running without issues since the migration.
It has only 8 Gb of RAM and two CPUs.

  the Cpanel machine had in the old server 2 CPUs and since the
migration I increased it to 4 CPUs. Today after two crashes I have
decided to downgrade it to 2 CPUs just in case. RAM has been always 17 Gb.

  Cpanel support doesn´t find the issue and since the other VPS is
working as a charm I can´t blame Proxmox for this.

  So my questions:

  - I haven´t found any log in proxmox /var/log/messages reporting the
high CPU usage (100% found this morning). Where should I look at?

  - Is there any way I can restart the VPS when is hanged? I.e.: CPU
100% for let´s say X minutes, restart the VPS.

  Thanks!

  Miguel

---
http://www.avg.com