[PVE-User] Proxmox 5 (LACP/Bridge/VLAN120)

Lutz Willek lutz.willek at belug.de
Sat Jan 27 11:03:44 CET 2018

Am 23.08.2017 um 03:40 schrieb Devin Acosta:
> I need to configure Proxmox 5.x with the following.
>
> Bond of 2 interfaces using LACP
> Bridge off Bond0, with IP on VLAN 120 (10.100.100.8/24)
> The network switch doesn’t have native VLAN, so the IP has to be on the
> TAGGED VLAN 120.
>
> Please help. ;)

Hi Devin,

This is easy. The external interfaces in the example below are named
eno1 and eno2. The interfaces using LACP -> bond0.
The example below I use more than one vlan, just adapt to your needs:

* vlan 1 (used for "foo" purpose)
* vlan 10 (used for "blah" purpose)
* vlan 100 (used for "blubb" purpose)
* vlan 120 (used for "administration",i.e. the proxmox server is
accessible via this vlan)

If you are using comments in the configuration file (like I did) in
exact this order/placement, then the same comment will also be shown via
web GUI.

Regards Lutz

Example config:

root at proxmox:~# cat /etc/network/interfaces
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

iface eno1 inet manual
iface eno2 inet manual