[PVE-User] pveceph createosd after destroyed osd

Mark Adams mark at openvs.co.uk
Tue Jul 3 02:41:39 CEST 2018

Hi, Thanks for your response!

No, I didn't do any of that on the cli - I just did stop in the webgui,
then out, then destroy.

Note that there was no VM's or data at all on this test ceph cluster - I
had deleted it all before doing this. I was basically just removing it all
so the OSD numbers looked "nicer" for the final setup.

It's not a huge deal, I can just reinstall proxmox. But it concerns me that
it seems so fragile using the webgui to do this. I want to know where I
went wrong? Is there somewhere that a signature is being stored so when you
try to add that same drive again (even though I ticked "remove partitions")
it doesn't add back in to the ceph cluster in the next sequential order
from the last current "live" or "valid" drive?

Is it just a rule that you never actually remove drives? you just set them
stopped/out?

Regards,
Mark