[PVE-User] pveceph createosd after destroyed osd

Alwin Antreich a.antreich at proxmox.com
Thu Jul 5 12:53:50 CEST 2018

On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 11:05:52AM +0100, Mark Adams wrote:
> On 5 July 2018 at 11:04, Alwin Antreich <a.antreich at proxmox.com> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Jul 05, 2018 at 10:26:34AM +0100, Mark Adams wrote:
> > > Hi Anwin;
> > >
> > > Thanks for that - It's all working now! Just to confirm though, shouldn't
> > > the destroy button handle some of these actions? or is it left out on
> > > purpose?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > Mark
> > >
> > I am not sure, what you mean exactly but the destroyosd (CLI/GUI) is
> > doing more then those two steps.
> >

> Yes I realise it is, what I'm saying is should it also be doing those
> steps?
Well, it is doing those too. Just with the failed creation of the OSD
not all entries are set and the destroy might fail on some (eg. no
service, no mount).

The osd create/destroy is up for a change anyway with the move from
ceph-disk (deprecated in Mimic) to ceph-volume. Sure room for
improvement. ;)

--
Cheers,
Alwin