[PVE-User] Unable to join cluster

Eric Germann ekgermann at semperen.com
Fri Jul 27 21:18:43 CEST 2018

> On Jul 27, 2018, at 2:58 PM, Woods, Ken A (DNR) <ken.woods at alaska.gov> wrote:
>
> What's the output of "pvecm status”?

root at pve01:~# pvwcm status
-bash: pvwcm: command not found
root at pve01:~# pvecm status
Quorum information
------------------
Date:             Fri Jul 27 19:09:38 2018
Quorum provider:  corosync_votequorum
Nodes:            1
Node ID:          0x00000001
Ring ID:          1/56
Quorate:          Yes

Votequorum information
----------------------
Expected votes:   1
Highest expected: 1
Total votes:      1
Quorum:           1
Flags:            Quorate

Membership information
----------------------
    Nodeid      Votes Name
0x00000001          1 2001:470:e2fc:10::160 (local)

> Same version on both nodes?

Yes

> Time synchronized?

Yes.  NTP

> How are you adding the second node?  Try "pvecm add XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX”

Both through the GUI and from the command line.  Oddity is V6 and V4 errors are different.

> Is multicast enabled?  Does omping work and not drop packets?

Need to look in to that.  moping returns no messages.

It’s on a dumb switch.  I’ll reconfig on to an intelligent switch I can enable mcast on

EKG