[PVE-User] Poor CEPH performance? or normal?

Mark Adams mark at openvs.co.uk
Sat Jul 28 13:00:15 CEST 2018

Hi Adam,

Thanks for your great round up there - Your points are excellent.

What I have ended up doing a few days ago (apologies have been too busy to
respond..) was set rbd cache = true under each client in the ceph.conf -
This got me from 15MB/s up to about 70MB/s. I then set the disk holding the
zfs dataset to writeback cache in proxmox (as you note below) and that has
bumped it up to about 130MB/s -- Which I am happy with for this setup.

Regards,
Mark