[PVE-User] NoVNC shell crash/timeout

Eneko Lacunza elacunza at binovo.es
Thu Mar 1 10:17:14 CET 2018

Hi all,

We have been setting up a new 3-node HA cluster with Ceph storage, and
migrating VMs from VMWare to Proxmox for the last 3 weeks.

Overall the setup and migration has been quite painless; I also
appreciated the ability to automatically create Proxmox storages after
Ceph pool creation, I didn't notice it in release notes and was a nice
surprise.

Please let me thank you for your excelent work to all Proxmox VE team!!! :-)

We have found a minor issue with NoVNC shell, though. We have been
importing VMs from WMWare with "qm importovf", but one particularly
big-disk VM failed to import, until we switched to xterm.js shell. I
wasn't in front of the machines when the problems ocurred, but it seems
like some kind of crash or timeout was killing the shell and it's
children processes.

Is this a known problem?

Thanks a lot
Eneko