[PVE-User] pve-csync version of pve-zsync?

Mark Adams mark at openvs.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 17:51:32 CET 2018

Hi Alwin,

The last I looked at it, rbd mirror only worked if you had different
cluster names. Tried to get it working with proxmox but to no avail,
without really messing with how proxmox uses ceph I'm not sure it's
feasible, as proxmox assumes the default cluster name for everything...

Also the documentation was a bit poor for it IMO.

Would also be nice to choose specifically which VM's you want to be
mirroring, rather than the whole cluster.

I've manually done rbd export-diff and rbd import-diff between 2 separate
proxmox clusters over ssh, and it seems to work really well... It would
just be nice to have a tool like pve-zsync so I don't have to write some
script myself. Seems to me like something that would be desirable as part
of proxmox as well?

Cheers,
Mark