[PVE-User] With cloud-init some bug?

Wolfgang Bumiller w.bumiller at proxmox.com
Fri Mar 23 11:07:01 CET 2018

On Fri, Mar 23, 2018 at 05:51:17PM +0800, lyt_yudi wrote:

> > 在 2018年3月23日,下午5:00,lyt_yudi <lyt_yudi at icloud.com> 写道:
> >
> > But, the cipassword for centos user is still not set!
>
> Sorry , my fault! The cipassword can set! It’s work with cloud-init-18.1!

I just tried a fresh centos 7 installation. Curiously the password did
end up in /etc/shadow but didn't work.
Also, the default cloud-init package puts IPv4 addresses into
/etc/sysconfig/network-scripts as `IPADDR=<CIDR>`, and the journal then
warns that this is invalid - apparently it has to be split into ip
address and netmask - but that's the job of the cloud-init package, not
ours. So yeah, they just ship a broken package.