[PVE-User] Custom storage in ProxMox 5

Thomas Lamprecht t.lamprecht at proxmox.com
Fri Mar 30 09:10:42 CEST 2018

Hi,

Am 03/30/2018 um 03:20 AM schrieb Lindsay Mathieson:
> I was working on a custom storage plugin (lizardfs) for VE 4.x, looking to revisit it. Has the API changed much (or at all) for PX 5? Is there any documentation for it?

The base work for per-storage bandwidth limiting was added,
see commit:

commit 9edb99a5a763f03e031ffdce151c739d6ffaca0c
Author: Wolfgang Bumiller <w.bumiller at proxmox.com>
Date:   Tue Jan 30 11:46:19 2018 +0100

     add Storage::get_bandwidth_limit helper

the changes should be trivial though (see commit), only restore bwlimit
is implemented and exposed on newest WebUI.

Besides that I did not found or remembered anything big, API-wise.

A good heuristic for "where there changes for all/most plugins" is running:
# git log --stat --oneline PVE/Storage/

And look for changes which affect a lot or all plugin classes, with this
I found the aforementioned commit above.

> nb: still no way to integrate them into the WebUI?

No not really, I'm afraid, but doing so on top should be much less work
now, with the big storage edit refactoring.

cheers,
Thomas