[PVE-User] Interfaces startup and ip-up.d scripts...

dORSY dorsyka at yahoo.com
Tue May 15 19:30:18 CEST 2018

 You can also use either proxmox's built-in firewall (which is awesome if you get used to it) or netfilter-persistent to load/save iptables rules.
They tend to be more robust than shellscipt hooks.

    On Tuesday, 15 May 2018, 19:08:42 CEST, Marco Gaiarin <gaio at sv.lnf.it> wrote:

 Mandi! Josh Knight
  In chel di` si favelave...

> Are you using the script to assign an IP address manually, or are you using
> it to set firewall rules?

I'm setting firewall rules; my script are coded carefully, and exit
always with 0 status.
They works in my debisn server/firewall without a trouble (but, indeed, with
standard debian kernel, and still in jessie).

> I'm trying to determine what you're trying to
> do.  Having the IP defined in /etc/network/interfaces should be enough for
> it to come up correctly without any custom scripts.  Is this not the case?

Tha strange things is exactly that. With simple stanzas like that:

> >  auto vmbr0
> >  iface vmbr0 inet static
> >        address  10.99.25.254
> >        netmask  255.255.252.0
> >        bridge_ports enp2s0f0
> >        bridge_stp off
> >        bridge_fd 0
> >        bridge_vlan_aware yes
> >
> >  auto vmbr1
> >  iface vmbr1 inet static
> >        address  10.5.2.230
> >        netmask  255.255.0.0
> >        gateway  10.5.1.254
> >        bridge_ports enp2s0f1
> >        bridge_stp off
> >        bridge_fd 0

interfaces get correctly brought up (eg, and 'ip address show' list
interfaces correctly), but looking at 'journalctl -b' seems that
if-up.d and if-down.d scripts get never executed.

*ALL* scripts, of course, not only mine...

--
dott. Marco Gaiarin                        GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
  Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia''          http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/