[PVE-User] PVE 5.2, time sync, container...

Marco Gaiarin gaio at sv.lnf.it
Mon May 21 12:49:05 CEST 2018

I'm setting up a set of PVE hosts, all with a samba AD DC container,
that came also with a NTP server (ntpd).

Most of that servers get installed on place where there's just a NTP
''network'' (based on phisical or P2V machines), and i'm using mostly
PVE 4.4, so probably i've never hitted that trouble.

Now i've added a new node/site, where i've put a single PVE 5.2 node,
and my samba AD DC container that act as NTP server for that site.

I've found, so, that container take time for the host (and is
reasonable) but seems that an NTP server run on a container cannot
modify local time, and sooner or later will crash.

Apart the ''bootstrap'' problem (a host that sync time to a container,
that have the same time of the host; i need to revise my NTP network...
;-), looking on google i've found that relative to old containers:

	https://forum.proxmox.com/threads/ntp-and-containers.10258/

How can i enable NTP ''safely'' on a cantainer? Thanks.