[PVE-User] Risks for using writeback on Ceph RBD

Alexandre DERUMIER aderumier at odiso.com
Tue Nov 13 06:44:03 CET 2018

Like all writeback, you'll lost datas in memory before the fsync of the filesystem, but not corruption of the filesystem. (writeback = rbd_cache=true)

note that rbd writeback help only for sequential of small writes (aggregate in 1big transaction to send to ceph).

Also, read latency is bigger when writeback is enable.